Thursday, August 9, 2007

Podcasts, Schmodcasts!

I went to Yahoo podcasts and checked out the tutorial and then investigated the three directories: Podcast.net, Podcastalley.net and Yahoo Podcasts. I didn't care much for Podcastalley. Their page did not seem to be as user friendly as the other two. On the other two, I did some searches for book reviews and other things that interest me, and as with the YouTube, there is more stuff out there than you have time to listen to! Of the three directories, I was impressed more with the Yahoo Podcasts. As a matter of fact, I did a search on each one for Alden and Ohio University, and Yahoo is the only one that came up with anything. This brought me to the OU Libraries News, and also the ipod tour of the library, which might prove to be a very useful tool for new students. I don't expect to do much downloading of these on my computer at home, though because I have dial up and it would take forever. Not much hope of getting anything else in the near future.

No comments: