Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Face-To-Face-Social Networking

I did a little exploring on Facebook and took the tour. I also did a little more exploring on MySpace. Previously I had set up a MySpace account when I discovered that my daughter, my grandson, and a several of my nieces had MySpace pages. The best thing I like about it is that it is a great way to stay in touch with friends and relatives that you rarely get a chance to see or talk to. Once they are on your list of friends, you can go to their page and see if they have posted any new pictures or anything, and also send them a quick message if you want to. I also like the bulletins, because you can send a quick bulletin to your whole group of friends if you want to instead of haveing to enter a message for each one. I am not sure I see this being used as a tool for the library, especially with all the other tools available (Like the Wiki).

No comments: