Thursday, August 2, 2007

About Web Based Applications

Google Docs & Spreadsheets is a site where you can check out and play with some web based applications. You can create documents and spreadsheets online without using a desktop application. It seems to me these can be really convenient to use if you need to create or access documents and/or spreadsheets when you are away for your home or office computer. Even though they are convenient, I do not think they are as user friendly as the desktop applications, nor do they offer as many options. I am using Google Documents to create this post, so if you are reading it, you know that my plan was successful. I also checked out the Zoho Show online presentation tools. The main thing I didn't like about either application was that when you were given the option of entering a URL for a photo, you are not able to copy and paste the URL. You must type it in. I was able to upload a presentation from my computer to Zoho without any difficulty.

No comments: