Thursday, August 23, 2007

#9-Finding Feeds

I guess I missed blogging about finding feeds. Of course I pay more attention on webpages now looking for the RSS icons (now that I know what they are for) . I found that the Bloglines search tool was easiest for me to use. Topix is mainly news feeds and looks like it is easy to link to local news feeds. The most confusing were Feedster and Syndic8.com. Neither of these offered the preview feature as on the Bloglines search tool. This is a feature that I really liked. You can click on this and it will give you a sample of what is there now in a separate window, without having to go to the site and then come back again. I did subscribe to some feeds on my bloglines account and even added one of them to my side bar. So check out the feed for 'About Gardening'. While checking out all of the other tools, I came across Feedburner. This seems to be a tool to redirect your Blogger feed and monitor your number of subscribers, and I am sure it has other features that I missed. It looks like this wood be a good tool to use if you were intersted in getting your Blog out there to be seen by a lot of people.

No comments: